Are you passionate about the value of education and helping students succeed? Do you have the skills to make personal and
professional connections in an online setting?
Then you are the candidate we are seeking to support our Online students in
achieving their educational goals!
The Student Services Advisor is responsible for
counseling students regarding academic and personal concerns related to academic success. The Student Services Advisor in this role will
conduct outreach to these specific groups of students using an intrusive advising model to help improve retention, completion, student
success, and overall student satisfaction.
- Counsel and advise students having life issues
(e.g.: pregnancy, death, financial, employment, personal) that are impacting their classes. Discuss options with them and the pros and cons
of these options. Assist with decision-making.
- Contact and counsel students who are in violation of the University attendance
- Contact and counsel students who receive faculty referrals
- Counsel students regarding academic issues, including
program and course offerings
- Work in collaboration with
faculty/staff/administration to assist students who are experiencing personal or academic concerns
- Organize and implement student
outreach activities to maximize student potential
Academic Preparation: Explain and guide students to resources for academic
success including technical issues, library support, and tutoring help.
- Collect, organize, and act on data to support student
- Communicate inter and intra departmentally to resolve student issues
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s
- Strong computer skills and professional phone etiquette.
- Previous student counseling experience is
The ideal candidate will be a top notch communicator and problem solver who works effectively with people from
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job posting care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully
perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not
have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated
on a case-by-case basis.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Herzing University is committed to providing an environment that is free
from discrimination and is dedicated to fostering a culture and atmosphere of mutual respect. It provides an inclusive and collegial
community where individuals are valued, heard and empowered to contribute to the effectiveness of the institution.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.