The STEP Program Assistant provides administrative, scheduling, and planning support for
the STEP Program.
Hours: Monday to Friday: 20 hours/week ; Scheduled weekdays may end at 6 p.m.; Weekend work
may be required
- Performing administrative duties
for the Assistant Director. This includes, but is not limited to, filing paperwork, developing Excel spreadsheets, answering phones,
calling students, making photocopies, chaperoning program students when in-person, and collecting data;
- Representing the STEP program which includes, but is not limited to, assisting with event promotions, flow, speaking
with prospective students and parents, and collecting data from prospective students;
- Assisting in the
maintenance of accurate and complete records, including attendance records and NYSED reports;
- Assisting students
with accessing any supplemental services that are available;
- Assisting with the completion of registration
for STEP students to enter and continue in the program;
- Creating marketing materials and other communication to
promote the STEP program and its activities;
- Creating surveys and forms to collect data on behalf of the
- All other duties as assigned.
Grant-related notes: This position
supports a grant-funded program. Continuation of the position is subject to Vaughn College’s performance reviews,
notification of satisfactory performance from the funder and continued funding for the program.
**Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and
- Ability to properly organize paper and electronic files;
- Ability to understand and perform basic data
tabulation in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to communicate with students,
parents, and staff;
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
Work environment and physical
This position is located in an office environment. Generally, an employee needs to be able to sit, stand,
and navigate within the office area. The office equipment either individually used or shared with a department is the responsibility of all
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, elements of this position may be required to be conducted remotely at the discretion
of the institution.
- Knowledge of D2L and Zoom (or similar
- Experience working with students from historically underrepresented or economically disadvantaged
- Bachelor’s degree;
- One year of experience as an administrative assistant.
****Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this
job at any time. Role is subject to renewal upon successful evaluations. ****
Vaughn College is an academic institution that in matters of employment complies with federal, state, and local employment laws and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, ethnic origin, national origin, citizenship status, disability, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or partnership status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or domestic violence status, or on any other legally protected basis. Vaughn College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.