Req ID: req9166
Position Number: 535001
Department: Academic Services For Stu-Ath
Hiring Supervisor: Marilyn Middlebrook
(Contingent upon available funding):
33,240.00 – 45,000.00, Salary
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday
Monitor academic progress of student-athletes. Develop and manage academic support programs for student-athletes and work to ensure retention and graduation. Advise at-risk student-athletes regarding academic and personal issues. Provide direction regarding major selection, eligibility status and probationary status. Coordinate enrollment and advisement procedures with campus academic advisors for student-athletes. Meet with prospective student-athletes during official visits. Provide academic information and organize activities during visits. Activities include meeting faculty, participating in all weekend activities and follow-up after visit completion. Compile academic data and information regarding student-athlete performance and status. Communicate with coaches, advisors, student-athletes and Associate Athletic Director/Director of Academic Services for Student-Athletes. Monitor bursar accounts and other holds to detect enrollment problems. Coordinate downloading of data to monitor student-athlete enrollment. Update student-athlete files to ensure timely academic reporting. Other duties as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director/Director of Academic Services for Student-Athletes.
Several weekends are required to participate in on-campus recruiting activities. Evenings and early morning (7:00 a.m.) may be needed throughout the year. Work schedule varies significantly with season of sport.
- Master’s Degree
- Three years of experience in a related setting
- Possess a positive attitude, good communication skills and a desire to assist students in achieving success. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Manage confidential information appropriately. Must be service oriented and able to work effectively with a diverse group of coaches, staff and students in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to sit at desk for extended periods of time. Must be able to guide students on tours throughout the athletics center and across campus.
- Master’s Degree
- Four years of experience directly related to academic counseling.
- OSU academic advising experience and a working knowledge of NCAA/Big 12 rules and regulations.
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit https:///eeo.okstate.edu.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.