60,000 to 65,000 USD Per Year
Job Posting Number: S285
Salary Range: $60,000- $65,000
Duties and Responsibilities
To assist with retention efforts and closing the achievement
To coordinate retention efforts for the College of Arts and Sciences, and manage university-wide plans of retention by working
together with the department chairs in the College, as well as retention coordinators in other colleges.
the person in this position will:
- Coordinate retention activities with the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, in
conjunction with the University and College retention plans.
- Work collaboratively with CAS Department Chairs and Faculty Academic
- Assign CAS faculty advisors in collaboration with department chairs and program coordinators.
- Devise a plan of
action in partnership with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) for faculty development concerning retention
- Analyze and maintain student data specific to CAS.
- Analyze CAS students’ mid-term performance data.
and work with at-risk/academic probation students of sophomore, junior, and senior status.
- Provide referrals to students for
appropriate support services as needed.
- Work closely with the University Academic Advisement Center to transition students at the
appropriate stage of their progression plan from the Center to the College.
- Teach Freshman Seminar.
- Other duties assigned by
Master’s degree required in a discipline served by the College of Arts and
Experience with retention initiatives. A minimum of three (3) years of
experience developing and/or implementing retention initiatives at the collegiate level.
Knowledge Skills and
Strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Proficiency in the use of a variety of
software applications, including spreadsheets, database systems, and statistical packages.
Please be advised, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for faculty and staff to be employed at Bowie State
University. This is a union position.