Position Number: 997307
Department: Management & Marketing
Under general direction, is responsible for engaging students from recruitment, orientation and enrollment through to graduation and beyond. Facilitates the successful progression of students through their academic life. Participates in the planning and delivery of academic advising services and programs which promote comprehensive educational opportunities for students in the M.B.A. program. Coordinates student-related outreach and retention activities with faculty, departments and other areas of campus to support student success.
Typical Duties/Job Duties
- Provides educational guidance and assistance for students by planning schedules, recommending courses and determining appropriate education solutions.
- Collaborates with the Dean, Department Chairs, faculty members and appropriate staff in providing for academic advising needs of individuals or groups of students.
- Connects students to the larger campus, and refers students to additional services when needed to facilitate academic advancement.
- Analyzes and processes degree plans, grade change forms, and general petitions.
- Keeps student files updated throughout their academic careers and makes changes to records as necessary.
- Registers students for classes as necessary.
- Participates in student success initiatives, appropriate professional conferences and individual professional development.
- Assists student in identifying factors that contribute to lack of academic progress; helps student examine alternatives when goals are unattainable; applies appropriate retention strategies to support students’ efforts.
- Provides information and statistical data, such as detailed enrollment statistics on the program.
- Manages updates for MBA social media and web page accounts.
- Reviews applications for the MBA program and recommends any requirements for leveling coursework.
- Maintains record of leveling work completed.
- Validates student records for graduation.
- Maintains all recruiting records and materials.
- Communicates with all applicants coming through both the College of Graduate Studies and other recruiting platforms.
- Provides front line customer services and performs other general clerical tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for designing and building an alumni engagement workstream that includes assessing current and innovating future programs and activities, including communications directed to alumni engagement and alumni professional development supports.
- Establishes, develops, builds and maintains effective relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, through regular communication with alumni via direct contact, letter, phone calls, email blasts, alumni web pages, print publications, personal visits, alumni gatherings, receptions, and other events.
- Create stories of achievements and careers that tie back to the MBA experience.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing unit to develop direct marketing approaches. dependent on data-mining and market research to inform alumni relations strategy.
- Utilizing Salesforce CRM will maintain alumni database records, capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects, (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, alumni website and through other ASU social media sites.
- Build customized analytics reports and dashboards in Salesforce as requested by the MBA Director and Dean of the NVCOB.
- Maintain relationships with company contacts and ASU Career Development Center to support MBA student professional opportunities.
- In conjunction with the ASU VETS Center, develop partnerships with military education centers to increase veteran and active duty military enrollment.
- Coordinate and plan yearly MBA student social event.
- Supervise and train graduate assistant student workers as hired .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to serve students, faculty, and staff by enhancing the learning environment.
- Ability to learn varied curricula and advise students accurately.
- Ability to learn the principles, practices, and procedures involved in academic advising, student retention, and intervention.
- Ability to interpret policies and recommend the best course of action for the student.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, set goals, and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to evaluate student transcripts and transfer records.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites and graduation/curriculum requirements.
- Skilled in the use of business intelligence and performance management software including but not limited to Banner, Cognos, Degree Works, Microsoft office suite, Salesforce, and University web portals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of graduate students, parents, faculty, and other stakeholders in the academic advising and success process.
- Knowledge of content in and ability to effectively utilize higher education catalogs.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of university values and significance.
- Skilled in public speaking and adjusting presentations based on the target audience.
- Ability to establish rapport with a diverse community of university professionals.
- Knowledge of and commitment to FERPA and student rights.
Master of Business Administration or related degree with two years of office related experience.
Experience attending networking events with local agencies such as the Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development, etc.
Background in college admissions or registration programs, academic advising, student retention, or related work desirable.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Number: S417P
Close Date: 07/20/2021
Open Until Filled: No
The President of Angelo State University has a strong personal commitment to equal employment opportunity and has firmly committed the University to its AA/EEO policy in all facets of its programs and activities.