Title: Director, TRiO-Student Support Services. **This position is grant-funded. Continuation of this position is contingent upon renewal of grant funding.**
Division: Academic Affairs
Supervisor: Vice President of Academic Affairs
Paul Quinn College seeks a highly motivated individual for the position of Director of our TRiO-Student Support Service Department. The Director will be responsible for the overall implementation of the Student Support Service (SSS) Work Plan according to the grant contract approved by the U. S. Department of Education. Documentation of services and maintaining public relations are requirements of this position. Duties consist of supervising the SSS Academic Component; coordinating the planning and implementation of special focus project workshops and/or seminars (study skills, counseling/advising, financial counseling); monitoring the progress of participants, and establishing SSS learning communities of study groups. This is a full-time, 12-month position with evenings required until 8 p.m. (certain times during the academic year flex scheduling is permitted).
Function: Manage all decision-making for and operations of the TRiO-Student Support Services department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate project activities
- Manage budget and authorize all expenditures for the project
- Select, supervise, and train project staff
- Serve on appointed College committees, and advocate for SSS students
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to provide academic and supportive services for program participants
- Coordinate community and public relations activities
- Represent PQC on all project related matters
- Oversee program work plans and ensure that the project meets U.S. Department of Education requirements
- Serve as the College’s liaison to the U.S. Department of Education
- Provide academic advising and conduct academic workshops
- Increase student traffic to SSS for tutoring, programs and other support services
- Ensure proper program documentation and files
- Participate in professional development opportunities related to regular duties, including training providing by the U.S. Department of Education for TRIO Programs
- Submit monthly time and effort reports regarding the status of SSS
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in counseling, education or related field
- Five years of experience designing, implementing and managing similar projects, and staff
- Three years of experience working with disadvantaged youth at the secondary or postsecondary level
- Excellent program management and communication skills
- Preference will be given to qualified individuals who have succeeded in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting the project’s target population.
Salary and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefit program with paid time off (PTO), medical, dental, vision and life insurance after 60-days of successful employment.
Paul Quinn College at a Glance
Campus: PQC is the college, but Dallas is the campus. The campus of 147 acres of rolling hills and plush trees is minutes away from downtown Dallas, a richly diverse city that offers a thriving culinary scene, a vibrant arts district, professional sports, and big city shopping, dining and nightlife.
Current Enrollment: 550 (Fall 2019)Demographics:
- Women 55%
- Men 45%
- African American 79%
- Hispanic/Latino 17.22%
- Caucasian 2.36%
- Nonresident alien 0.24%
- Two or more races 0.94%
- Unknown 0.24%
Accreditation: Paul Quinn College is an accredited institution.
Benefits: Paul Quinn College offers a competitive benefit package including PTO, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance and more.
Application Process: Letters of application of mission driven individuals are invited. Applicants should prepare a cover letter and resume with salary requirements in support of an interest in the position. No phone calls please. Send applications and nominations to the email address listed below.
Chris Dowdy, Ph.D.
Vice President, Academic Affairs
This is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. It is not intended as inclusive of all duties, an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required now or in the future. It is the policy of Paul Quinn College not to discriminate against any individual in its educational programs, activities, or employment based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, age, religion, or marital status.
It is the policy of Paul Quinn College not to discriminate against any individual in its educational programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, age, religion, or marital status.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.