Degree Completion Assistant & Advisor
(Sort-term appointment through 3/31/2022)
Recruitment #: S2107
Review Date: Begins 03/29/2021 | Open until filled
(To receive full consideration applications should be received by March 29, 2021.)
Department: Student Success and Advising
Minimum Salary: $38,055
Benefits: Western Oregon University’s offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes 95% premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities. http://www.wou.edu/hr/benefits/
Department / Job Summary:
Student Success and Advising (SSA) supports all WOU students through personalized advising, academic interventions, and peer-tutoring services. Specific groups we serve include: students who are still exploring majors, Pre-Nursing and Interdisciplinary Studies students, transfer and prospective students, international students, students with academic standing holds, students referred by faculty, and Dream.US scholars, but we also provide general advising support, success planning, and degree completion assistance for all students.
The Degree Completion Assistant Coordinator and Advisor will provide program coordination assistance and general advising support to the Director and IDS Program Coordinator and Advisor on degree completion and retention initiatives. This is a short-term position (through March 2022) that will have a primary focus on personalized outreach and support for students who have left WOU to identify a pathway to return and complete their degree. This position functions within SSA by providing administrative support to facilitate degree completion projects, help students through the enrollment and degree planning process, and manage other tasks and duties as assigned to assist the work of SSA.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience working with diverse populations and a demonstrated commitment to social justice
- Technology skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and other web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated use of advance problem-solving and organization skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records
Click here for the complete position description which includes knowledge areas and preferred
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
Required Application materials (PDF preferred):
- WOU Employment Application form available here
- Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community.
- Contact information for three references
- Unofficial copy of transcript for highest degree earned
As an alternative, you may submit application materials to:
S2107, Degree Completion Assistant Coordinator and Advisor, Human Resources, Western Oregon University, 345 N. Monmouth Avenue, Monmouth, OR 97361; OR e-mail to email@example.com; OR fax to: 503-838-8144.
NOTE: A criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment
The university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments for multiple years.
Western Oregon University is an AA/EOE/Veteran/Disability employer and is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Western Oregon University is an EO/AA/Veteran/Disability employer committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.