- Admin – Counseling and Psychological Services
- Admin – Academic Advising
- Admin – Career Development and Services
56735 USD Per Year
and career planning, and decision making across school districts and at the college. Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule with
ability to work in high schools. This position will be at the high schools four days per week and at DMACC one day per week during
the school year and then summers at DMACC.
- Travel to assigned high schools and
collaborate and coordinate as part of the high school counseling team to advise students in college and career planning and support academic
success and career exploration. Connect students and families with community and higher education resources to support success in school and
facilitate planning for post-secondary education. Monitor high school student enrollment in AP and dual enrollment courses to ensure student
progress toward college and career goals. Responsible for proactive communication and follow-up with students and high school staff. Utilize
and track data on student outcomes for targeted groups of students.
- Advise students in all phases of academic and career planning,
including program and course information, scheduling, registration, transfer requirements, articulations with other educational institutions
and graduation requirements. Advise, coordinate and refer students with specific learning needs regarding the identification and utilization
of support services to assist in student success. May also assist with educational achievement plans.
- Conduct recruitment,
orientation and retention activities for high school and first year college students, visit high schools and business/industry, attend
college fairs, schedule and conduct campus tours, and serve as a resource in the development of promotional materials to recruit and retain
- Teach College Experience courses, Freshman Seminars and direct workshops for students. Assist with summer programs,
college orientation sessions, and other recruitment or enrollment events.
- Perform other duties as
- Master’s degree in School Counseling or related program leading to
Iowa licensure as a School Counselor (Professional Service License or School Counselor Endorsement).Must have Standard, Master, or
Professional Service License for School Counseling (5-12).
- One year of experience in counseling, advising, recruitment, promotions,
admissions or related experience in a secondary and/or postsecondary educational setting.
- Knowledge of current college educational
and student services procedures and practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to prepare and deliver
- Ability to plan, organize and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a
professional working relationship with a wide variety of individuals coming from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of current software
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule.
and commitment to working with diverse student populations including low-income, first-generation, underrepresented, and English Language
- Experience working with community colleges.
- Experience working with high school populations and/or working in
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
- Lift Floor to Waist < 10
- Carry < 10 lbs x 100 ft
- Push/pull horizontal 10 lbs x 18 in
- Lateral Pinch* Forward
- Neck Flexion, Extension & Rotation
- Fine Motor Coordination
- Hand & Foot
- Ability to be Mobile
Mobility accommodations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and
determined by the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demand Category: Light
Des Moines Area Community College
Des Moines Area Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply with us. The College shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or, to the extent covered by law, veteran status. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in our hiring process, please let us know. You may call (515) 964-6301 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.