- Admin – Admissions and Enrollment
- Admin – Sales
- Admin – Academic Advising
03/25/2021 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 09/22/2020)
College Advisors are responsible for recruiting and guiding new students through the enrollment process. This includes providing students with academic advising and helping students decide which degree they want to pursue. College Advisors deal with multiple students who have varying needs. This contract position requires flexibility as well as the ability to iterate and experiment with different processes and share actionable feedback.
- Engage with prospective degree seekers via chat to help them evaluate their options and learn about how Study.com’s College Accelerator platform can help them save money on their degree
- Establish trust and rapport with prospective students
- Conduct enrollment conversations via chat, email, text, and phone with prospective university students
- Gather information about prospective students’ goals and school requirements
- Recommend potential schools and degree programs to students based on their interests and information
- Use consultative sales techniques to guide students towards Study.com’s College Accelerator as a way to save money on their degree
- Follow suggested interview sequences with the flexibility to adapt if the students’ responses move the conversation off plan
- Maintain effective follow up with your pipeline of active students, ensuring that they are staying engaged with the process
- Nurture students through the decision process, school enrollment, and Study.com enrollment, potentially over several months
- Conduct in- and out-bound consultative sales calls with students
- Maintain a high-level knowledge of current products, processes, policies, and industry
- 1-2 years of experience in college admissions or consultative sales
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the higher education market and industry
- Highly proficient user of common computer applications and software, including Microsoft Office programs
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Computer with a headset for phone calls
- Reliable Internet access
- A quiet space to conduct in- and out-bound phone calls
Study.com is a leading online education platform that helps 30 million monthly learners of all ages excel academically and close skills gaps. Study.com’s mission is to make education accessible. We do this by providing students with a wealth of information on colleges and universities, degree programs, and career requirements to help them reach their goals. We then help connect them to the schools that interest them most.
We also offer our own online courses, animated video lessons, and study tools to make learning simple. Study.com’s College Accelerator platform allows students to earn affordable college credit they can transfer to 1500+ colleges and universities. At Study.com, students can cut their degree costs in half, while earning college credit from their phone, any time, anywhere. The Study.com team helps students identify the best college, major and career choice for their needs.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.