Dobbs Ferry, NY
- Admin – Career Development and Services
- Admin – Academic Advising
Position Number: A00206
Job Posting Summary
The Associate Director of The PACT will provide highly accessible, integrated services and programs in the areas of career exploration and development, academic advising, personal communications skill development and leadership while supervising staff that will also provide these services. These services and programs will support academic success, student development and a positive college transition and enhance the collaborative student-service oriented campus culture.
- Support students in their transition to the College; and to integrate new students into the intellectual, cultural, and social life of the College resulting in the improvement of retention and graduation outcomes.
- Support the academic advisement of students, specifically through the progression of the initial registration upon acceptance to major/degree selection as it pertains to career interests and pursuits.
- Support the career exploration resources and advisement of students, resulting in a timely career track relative/paralleled to academic pursuits.
- Support the student engagement programs and services resulting in a quality experience for mercy College students.
- Work specifically with the assigned student caseload portfolio.
- Assist in the evaluation of strategies and programs and implement changes as necessary.
- Hire, train, and manage the performance of staff.
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
Experience and/or Skills Required
- Minimum of three years of appropriately related experience required. Experience in student services and advisement will be given preference.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated oral, and written communication skills, interpersonal and administrative skills with the ability to work with a team of diverse professional staff and students.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, ability to assess needs, plan, and implement new programs. Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, and cross-area collaboration skills are required. Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, web development, and knowledge of student database systems are required.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Banner and major program requirements required.
- Candidate must be flexible as position does require occasional evening and/or weekend hours and may also include travel to other campuses.
Education Required or Min Education Required
Bachelors Required, Masters Preferred
Posting Number: S00545P
Mercy College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Veteran/Disability
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.