If you are a TRS or ORP retiree please contact Employment at email@example.com for clarification on eligibility of this position.
Posting closes on: 7/10/2021 at 6:00pm CST
The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is 7/10/2021.
Northwest Vista College is committed to being an actively anti-racist organization and will honor our commitments:
1. Public commitment to be an anti-racist college
2. Commitment to act for racial equity
3. Commitment to transformation through achieving actions against racism and inequality
Hours per Week: 40
Hourly or Salaried: Hourly
Funding source: Hard Money
Number of opening: 1
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Location: Student Advising
3535 N. Ellison Dr.
San Antonio, Texas, 78251
Outside working hours if other than M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Hours will vary.
Job Summary and Description
Assists in leading and performing moderately complex office/administrative duties in the advising processes. Leads customer service activities in support of distinct populations with special needs and serves as advocate for the distinct population student with faculty, staff and administration and provides methods to support distinct population needs.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or a combination of relevant experience, education and training that equates to the required degree.
- Three years’ of office/administrative work or customer service, preferably in a college setting.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Four years of related experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess CAEL level 2 training or be able to obtain training within 12 months of hire.
The Alamo Colleges is an equal opportunity employer committed to student success and achieving excellence in every aspect of our colleges through diversity, including employment. We seek applications from all qualified persons who share this goal, to include minorities, women, persons with disabilities and members of other protected groups. Applicants selected for employment may be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal history background check and possibly a pre-employment drug test.