Responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive, outcome driven academic and career advising system for all students from first-time enrollment to degree attainment that positively impacts student success. Directs college-wide academic and career advising operations utilizing metrics and data analysis to develop and implement practical solutions to complex problems. Implements programs designed to encourage student retention and increase graduation rates.
Initial review date of June 15, 2021.
Base Pay: $69,822. Offer amount based on candidate’s education and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
- Guides, leads, reviews, verifies, observes, and manages the work of people reporting directly to you. Monitors and evaluates the performance of your employees.
- Provides leadership for career and academic advising while ensuring a shared vision, expectations and goals, and measurable productivity standards to meet the needs of students and improve retention efforts.
- Develops, maintains, interprets, and executes administrative procedures and practices. This includes developing and maintaining manuals regarding policies, procedures, rules, and standards for the College.
- Collaborates with enrollment management and academic affairs to implement and optimize the use of existing advising and career structure to support new student orientation, retention and student success.
- Identifies areas of weakness or need for improvements then builds and implements solutions that align with central processes and strategies while positioning professional advising staff to support student’s needs.
- Ensures operational excellence by tracking, measuring, presenting and reporting on departmental goals and outcomes.
- Participates in and manage all phases of college-wide strategic projects. Plans and oversees the preparations and dissemination of project communications. Produces related project reports, as needed.
- Develops short-term and long-range goals, objectives, priorities, and recommendations.
- Counsels employees on company policies, procedures and practices to ensure a sound employee relation environment. Guides professional development and provides motivation and mentoring to team members.
- Monitors expenditures in assigned budget, and holds self and staff accountable for financial practices that promote sound fiscal management.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree
- Six years of related experience, to include experience in supervision
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), state statutes, and rules of higher education
- Strategic advising concepts and programs
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications
- Guided Pathways model, and advising and student retention platforms
- Thinking strategically, effectively analyzing data, and implementing data-informed decisions
- Managing and resolving conflict in a positive manner
- Creative thinking and problem solving to explore new technology, processes, and approaches
- Attention to detail while maintaining effective time and task management
- Mentoring team members to develop goal setting plans, share knowledge and experiences
- Establish ownership of areas of responsibility with an aptitude to anticipate and pro-actively execute tasks while identifying areas of enhancement, efficiencies, and solutions
- Interact in a positive manner with diverse populations and varying education levels of students, faculty, staff, and the public
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing on a regular basis with internal and external customers, build relationships, manage customer expectations and take responsibility for a high level of service
- Accurately manage a budget
Licenses, Registration, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
- Regular physical attendance required
- Valid Florida driver’s license
Education and Experience:
- Experience with Workday Student
- Experience with the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education and implementing best practices
- NACADA Core Values for Advising and or Career Readiness Competencies
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
- Reach and grasp objects
- Use of video display terminal
- Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Communicate information orally and in writing
- Receive and understand information through oral and written communication
- Proofread and check documents for accuracy
- Operate motor vehicle
This job description is intended to be generic in nature and describe the essential functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Please review the following information in order to apply for a position at Palm Beach State College:
- Carefully review the minimum qualifications advertised for the available position as only applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be considered.
- Background Check/ Drug Screen may be required based on the specific requirements of the position for which the application is being submitted. Employment is contingent upon the passing of a drug test and upon completion of a criminal background investigation.
- An important goal of the Office of Human Resources is to respond to all applicants once a selection is made. Please take notice of the position closing date advertised. Whenever positions are filled, the Office of Human Resources responds to all applicants who have submitted applications.
This position is open until filled
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.