This position provides academic counseling through student advising, guiding, and
participation in registering students. The incumbent advises and counsels students concerning admission requirements, degree requirements
and course selection; participates in activities associated with the registration of students; monitors student academic progress, and
maintains student record files.
Examples of Work Performed
- Provides information to students and potential
students concerning admission requirements, degree requirements, course selection, and related functions by utilizing undergraduate and
graduate catalogs as well as other information.
- Maintains interface with academic areas and applicable administrative offices to
ensure compliance with current requirements and procedures.
- Prepares operational reports and analysis setting forth progress and
- Maintains current information concerning admission requirements as well as degree requirements in the various
- Establishes and maintains student record files and assists with class rolls, grades and permanent
- Monitors student academic progress throughout the course of degree programs.
- Aids and assists students in
completing required admission forms.
- Interfaces with various segments of the community to determine the need for credit and
non-credit programs for recommendation.
- Counsels students regarding degree program options to ensure students can make informed
decisions about degree choices.
- Provides recommendations related to academic scheduling and frequency of courses
- Verifies transfer credits for selected programs.
- Assist in recruiting prospective students to increase
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the
- Advises students and potential students concerning admission requirements, degree requirements, course
selection, and related functions.
- Communicates with various offices to ensure compliance with current academic requirements and
- Participates in activities associated with the monitoring academic progress, registration of students, and maintenance
of student record files.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an
accredited college or university.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set
forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our
pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the
Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary
depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and
coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified
persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a
financial (credit) report or driving history check.
for International Studies (10044715)
Administrative/Professional and Clerical
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.