This position will serve as a
full-time academic advisor supporting the Student Support Services (SSS) Program. The full-time academic advisor for the SSS Program at
Cameron University is critical to the success of the TRIO Program and its participants. The academic advisor is devoted to providing a
variety of academic support services to college students who are first-generation, low-income, and/or students with disabilities.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide comprehensive academic advisement and enrollment
- Maintain current and accurate records on participants’ services and activities;
- Facilitate activities to
enhance personal, social, and academic adjustment to college;
- Submit timely reports on advising activities and participants’
- Design and present workshops for participants;
- Assist with development and distribution of program public
- Assist in collecting program evaluations and tracking data;
- Assist participants in developing individual
education and career plans;
- Assist participants in identifying financial assistance resources;
- Assist participants in
identifying graduate school resources;
- Assist in planning cultural enrichment activities.
- Assist in recruiting new
- Assist in the development of the grant proposal;
- Supervise and assist in transporting participants to
cultural and graduate school activities;
- Supervise the individual tutoring program;
- Occasional evening or weekend hours
may be required;
- The academic advisor reports to and will fulfill other duties requested and assigned by the program director.
This is a grant-funded position. Continuation of this position is contingent upon receipt of Title IV (TRiO) federal
This position reports to the Director of Student Support Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or behavioral science with evidenced intention
or progression towards a master’s degree, and must have demonstrated organizational and management abilities.
- This position
requires proficiency in grammar, spelling and punctuation, using a database, using Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel,
Power Point and Publisher.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
applicant must have the ability to work effectively and tactfully with all program staff members, program participants, and various
components of the university and the community.
- The applicant must be a strong team player.
- Master’s degree in behavioral sciences or education.
- Experience working with diverse
- Background experience with learning support programs, student learning, theory, tutoring theories and practices,
student success strategies, with motivating students for academic excellence, and in financial assistance are beneficial.
- Strong administrative, organizational, supervisory, training, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with federal grants is
- Preferential consideration given to candidates with backgrounds reflecting the student population served.
Cameron University offers a wide variety of
comprehensive programs to benefit our employees. We are proud to offer such benefits as paid medical coverage for our employees, ample time
off and opportunities and employee tuition waiver programs. To view all benefits available to employees, visit: http://www.cameron.edu/hr/staff-benefits-summary.
Cameron University (www.cameron.edu) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and
graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the
betterment of all citizens. Master’s-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences, and education; baccalaureate
programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many other studies. The close proximity of Fort
Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for frequent cooperative efforts. The combined community
of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge.
Applicants must apply online. Attach a cover letter and a current resume with your online
application stating the reasons for your interest in this position and how personal and educational barriers were overcome. Include a copy
of your most current transcripts and three (3) professional references. Please include names, addresses and telephone numbers. Only those
applicants who have submitted all of the required documentation listed herein will be considered.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, only candidates whose
applications are received by May 28, 2021 are assured of receiving full consideration.
This institution in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admissions, employment, financial assistance, and educational services.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.