Location: Frisco Campus
9700 Wade Boulevard, Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications: and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide information and assistance
with academic and degree counseling, transfer to and from four-year and other schools, TSI testing, dual credit, the Admissions process, and
unofficial evaluation of credits earned from other schools. Supply support services to assist satisfactory academic performance.
Essential Duties and
- Develop, plan and implement an academic advising program for Collin College
students to include individual, group advising and new student orientation programs as requested.
- Serve as a resource liaison to
the assigned academic division.
- Develop, plan, and implement a group advising program for decided majors as requested by Deans and
- Advise students within the general student population, as well as special populations (including Veterans, International
Students, and ACCESS students) regarding program planning, course selection, schedule changes, transferability, and course withdrawals, as
may be assigned.
- Advise academically at-risk students regarding coursework and other college resources by which they can develop
the academic skills required to successfully complete college-level work.
- Research degree plans, advise on transfer guides to
university partnerships, advise students on Collin College policies, student handbook rules and procedures, and best practices.
- Perform unofficial degree evaluations in order to effectively and accurately advise incoming transfer students about their remaining
courses in order to fulfill the requirements of the District and in order for them to transfer into their major.
- May perform data
entry and monitoring of the SEVIS system.
- Participate in evening advising, provide leadership and supervision for staff.
- May be assigned to serve as advisor for Weekend College.
- Provide leadership in the area of unofficial degree planning for
students and in the evaluation of student’s transcripts.
- Update Advising web page and department publications, as needed.
- Assist in the development of the Advising Times newsletter for faculty and staff as required.
- Assist the Director with updates
- May be assigned responsibility to develop, implement, and administer the web-based advising program including program
updates and changes.
- Assist in developing and implementing new programs for academic advising including work with programs such as
concurrent enrollment, TAA (Trade Adjustment Act), students, New Student Programs and study skills classes (intervention.)
- May be
responsible for training of part-time and work study students, in addition to interviewing prospective student employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all
standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of all various college departments and degree programs.
- Knowledge of
prerequisite courses and requirements needed for applying to degree programs.
- Knowledge of transfer requirements to four year
bridge and degree programs.
- Knowledge of District rules, policies, and practices.
- Knowledge of Collin College’s
prerequisites and University Partners’ transfer requirements/equivalencies.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assist students with TSI testing, developmental education, Dual Credit,
- Ability to offer some financial aid information.
- Ability to explain advantages and future importance of Honors
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a fast-paced
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to establish a
connection with the student who is struggling academically and help formulate an action plan to maintain satisfactory progress.
- Ability to suggest appropriate methods of remediation.
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical
Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or
constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of
the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in
this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant
environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- One (1) year of full-time experience in student development/affairs which involves academic and career counseling OR two (2) years of
part-time experience in student development/affairs which involves academic and career counseling.
is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties
and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job
description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and
responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically
presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports
Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position.
Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
Compensation Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Part time
For any employment questions,
please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Collin College is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
Collin County Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and seeks applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.