Academic Advisor II
The Academic Advisor II position provides academic advising and student services support to the College of Nursing. This includes post licensure information sessions, general academic advising, and coordination of the Post Licensure Completion BSN programs.
- This position advises undergraduate applicants and students in a fully online degree program.
- Conduct student advising appointments for prospective RN-BSN and Florida College System Concurrent BSN.
- Answer student questions regarding program content and admission requirements.
- Perform general undergraduate advising tasks including responding to emails and phone calls.
- Serve as back up at the advising reception desk, as needed.
- Provide transcript and transfer credit evaluations for prospective RN-BSN students.
- Facilitate RN-BSN and Florida College System Concurrent Information Sessions for the College of Nursing at all campus locations.
- Collaborate with UCF Online Coach assigned to College of Nursing Undergraduate Programs.
Admission Application Management:
- Track applicant data and maintain spreadsheets of pass/fail admissions reports each semester.
- Troubleshoot student records to help clear admissions requirements.
- Communicate with students about admissions processes and deficiencies.
- Prepare admission reports.
- Maintain LEAP*RN with admission data and notes of accepted/declined students.
- Develop and update plans of study in LEAP*RN.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with admitted student to ensure compliance with program requirements.
- Prepare student projections to support faculty scheduling and planning.
- Compile and maintain student enrollment data and records.
- Track student progression through the program.
Admissions, Progression, and Graduation (APG) Petition Manager:
- Collect Undergraduate student petitions.
- Conduct initial review of petitions by referencing Academic Services and Nursing transfer equivalency tables.
- Oversee preparation, distribution, and maintenance of records for the Undergraduate APG Committee and keeps minutes.
- Email students with petition decisions.
- Process course substitutions and changes on degree audits.
- Support staff/faculty committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
College of Nursing – Dean’s Office
Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Type of Appointment:
$36,841 to Negotiable
Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in teams in collaborative settings, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time; comfortable interacting heavily with students, faculty, and other UCF departments.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft and FERPA regulations.
- Experience working with online and non-traditional students.
Additional Application Materials Requirements:
Applicants must submit a completed application along with a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, and a list with contact information for three (3) professional references.
Note: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.