Req ID: req9630
Position Number: AS9197
Department: Learning & Student Success Opp Ctr
Hiring Supervisor: Dan Link
(Contingent upon available funding):
29,880.00 – 39,000.00, Salary
Work Schedule: M-F, 8 am-5 pm; occasional nights and weekends
Serve as academic advisor for approximately 125 at risk students including, but not limited to those admitted through special admission programs, those on probation or notice, those undecided regarding degree pursuits, and/or those referred by the academic colleges for specialized support. Teach multiple sections of First Year Seminar (UNIV 1111), Student Success Skills courses (UNIV2001/3001), weekend courses (UNIV2510), or workshops. Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications must include Cover Letter, Resume, and Contact Information for 3 References. PDFs are the preferred document format. Application review will begin Friday, July 16, 2021.
- Master’s Degree and one year of experience in a related position.
- Possess a positive attitude, good communication skills, and a desire to assist students in achieving success.
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative and be a proactive participant in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Manage confidential information appropriately.
- Must be service oriented and able to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students in a positive manner at all times.
- Special project experience related to student service and evidence of working well collaboratively on teams
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit https:///eeo.okstate.edu.