Posting Number: 2021500
Location: San Marcos
Department: McCoy Academic
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Exempt
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically
address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common office software applications, e.g., Microsoft Office Suite. (Must indicate specific software
applications in which you have experience on the application, resume or cover letter)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in diverse
work situations and working as a team member.
- Evidence of public speaking experience; must have strong presentation and verbal
- Evidence of experience working with difficult situations, time pressures and multitude of interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform math sufficient to calculate GPA’s, percentages, and basic statistics for summarizing data.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, apply and explain complex policies and procedures clearly and precisely.
ability to write coherently and precisely.
- Evidence of attention to detail.
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday,
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but some night/weekend work is required for participation at Bobcat Days, Commencement and with other College
- Demonstrated experience working with students in a higher
- Demonstrated knowledge of Texas State policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of McCoy
College of Business degree programs.
- Evidence of professional accomplishments such as publications, conference presentations,
committee leadership, or performance awards.
- Responsible for providing quality
academic advising services to undergraduate students in the McCoy College of Business.
- The Academic Advisor I also serves as a
resource to prospective students and their parents and assists with several additional special projects within the Advising Center such as
review of student graduation applications and participation with New Student Orientation.
- Provide undergraduate academic advising to business majors.
- Assist students in interpreting degree
audit reports and transcripts as well as explaining complex academic policies and providing referrals to other offices and services on
- Maintain confidential student files and records through accurate and thorough documentation.
- Provide general
information and outstanding customer service to prospective students, parents, and other members of the public.
- Participate in
University recruitment through outreach activities such as Bobcat Days.
- Participate in New Student Orientation and Commencement
- Communicate with academic departments and other university units.
- Assist in the career development process
as it relates to the selection of a degree program.
- Collect data and prepare reports.
- Assist with the on-going
assessment of advising services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Information to
A complete application packet includes: a completed electronic application; a grammatically correct, well-written
cover letter which expresses the applicant’s knowledge and skills as they relate to the job duties and qualifications as described; a
current resume; and a letter of recommendation from a current or previous employer. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Cover letters must be addressed to the McCoy College of Business Advising Search Committee.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until Filled: No
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start:
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO
ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME, COVER LETTER AND LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive
thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our
commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas
State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education
records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a
tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned
or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
- Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of
employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
- Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly
resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
- Great training and development opportunities: choose from a
variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
- Retirement peace of mind: TRS
pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State
Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.