The ECU, College of Nursing is currently seeking applications of an Academic Advisor to serve as a member of the academic advising team. The primary purpose of this position is to provide academic advising to enrolled, intended and declared nursing majors. Below is a list of specific job duties and responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assists students in analyzing and evaluating academic needs/choices to increase retention and timely graduation.
- Provides readily available academic advisement to meet student needs to increase retention.
- Makes referrals to College of Nursing counselor, Director of Student Services, and the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Program.
- Provides a centralized source of accurate and up-to-date information for academic and career planning.
- Provides clarification of University and College of Nursing policies and procedures.
- Advises students as to appropriate courses to meet degree/graduation requirements.
- Implements the advising/registration process for students.
- Assists during university freshman orientation and College of Nursing orientations.
- Meets with prospective students and families.
- Teach a section of COAD 1000.
Special Instructions To Application:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents:
Letter of Interest
List of Three References (noting contact information)
Master’s degree in nursing, counseling, or education, or a related field.
Substantial knowledge of the academic rules and policies of the University and a College of Nursing
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 002343
Organizational Unit Overview:
The Office of Student Services is part of the College of Nursing in the Health Science Division. Student Services is responsible for the oversight of recruitment, admission, advisement of intended and declared nursing majors, registration, clinical compliance and graduation services in the college. This office serves approximately 1500 intended majors, 650 declared undergraduate majors, 650 graduate students and 30 doctoral students as well as numerous prospective students.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action University and accommodates individuals with disabilities. Proper documentation of identity and employability is required at the time of employment.