The KU School of Business is experiencing
enrollment growth and is searching for an academic advisor to join the Student & Academic Services (SAS) team. This is a full-time,
twelve-month, regular appointment. Primary responsibilities are advising undergraduate business students, pre-business students, and
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment
opportunities, the university actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher
80% Student Advising & Services: Provides academic advising
services to the School of Business undergraduate students and pre-business students, individually and in groups. Duties may include but are
not limited to:
- Applies thorough knowledge of academic degree requirements to assist students with planning and developing course
schedules and selecting academic majors consistent with student educational goals.
- Provides appropriate referral to University
offices and resources as needed. Refers issues to the Assistant Dean of Academic Programs, and Director of Undergraduate Programs as
- Assists in the coordination and facilitation of summer, newly admitted, and transferred student
- Works with area academic groups to deliver appropriate outreach and services to students.
- Maintains positive
and helpful relations with students, faculty, staff, and administrators, and supports a positive environment for students served by Student
- Processes VA enrollment certification forms.
20% Administrative Duties and School
Service: Functions as a member of the SAS team and BSchool staff completing administrative projects and service to School, as
needed, to ensure the strategic mission is achieved. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assists with new student orientation
- Interprets university policy and procedures as they relate to undergraduate students, as well as policies and
procedures that affect students enrolled in the School of Business.
- Coordinates strategies for implementing policies, procedures,
and curriculum changes, including disseminating information to students, faculty, and staff, and other groups across
- Provides materials, keeps historical documents, and obtains data and information to assist the team in making
- Serves as a liaison to a specific academic area within the business school.
- Attends business school staff and
faculty(as needed) assembly meetings.
- May supervise hourly student positions.
- Participates in school and university wide
committees and groups as requested.
- Completes other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with one year relevant experience or Master’s Degree.
- Master’s degree.
- Familiarity with University of Kansas programs.
- Experience in higher
education in student affairs.
- Experience in academic and/or career advising.
Contact Information to
Shu Tosaka, firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete application requires: 1) on-line application; 2) current resume; 3) a cover letter addressing required
qualifications; 4) complete contact information for three professional references.
Application review begins on July 12, 2021 and
will continue until a pool of qualified applicants is received.
Advertised Salary Range: Min $40,000 will
increase with experiance
Application Review Begins: 12-Jul-2021
University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
Employee Class: U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Work Location Assignment
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion,
sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity,
gender expression, and genetic information in the university’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators
for their respective campuses: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu,
Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards,
Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205,
913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).