Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs,
as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers
unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National
Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic
City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine.As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for
excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal
arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University’s commitment to
cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons
to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu.
This is an
in-person on campus, non-remote position.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to
providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move
forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF
- A letter of interest describing
qualifications and accomplishments
- A curriculum vitae
- Short (1-page) academic advising philosophy statement
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization,
Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a
favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities
desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday
– Friday between 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new
public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment.
Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes
Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available
at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act
crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the
report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call
609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a
diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972,
Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual
misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.
Under the direction of the Director, the Academic Advisor will
- Serve as primary preceptor for
150 to 200 students; provide supplemental advice to students on Zoom walk in hours and on the “Ask an Advisor” system. Advise
prospective students, probation students, and students on SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress)
- Assist in implementing curricular
change on Degree Works
- Assist in implementing CAPP (Curriculum, Advising and Program Planning) areas for complex prerequisites as
- Coordinate the system of probation for students below 2.00; seek to develop services to students on probation
- Assist the Director in coordinating the preceptor evaluation system
- Assist in the development of social media and web-based
outreach for the Center for Academic Advising
- Assist in the articulation of transfer credits and in the establishment of transfer
credit equivalencies in Banner and NJTransfer.
- With the Director, seek to upgrade systems in Academic Advising such as, but not
limited to, Google Suite products, One Drive, and appointment scheduling systems. Assist in the programming of forthcoming retention
solution software for Academic Advising; coordinate that project with CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) Recruit
- Assist in
certifying students for graduation
- Participate in Open House events. Represent the University or the Center for Academic Advising
at conferences, seminars, or meetings as required
- Provide a complement of administrative duties, including, but not limited to
assisting with the coordination of Accuplacer testing.
- Support Stockton University diversity commitment and strong student-centered
vision and mission
- Other Duties as Assigned
Degree in relevant field
- Three years experience in academic advising related work
- Two years experience with placement testing
- Experience with Banner and Degree Works or
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.