Academic Advisor, College of Business and Technology, Tahlequah
HUMAN RESOURCES INFORMATION TO
Northeastern State University is an Oklahoma State agency. In accordance with such, any applicant
hired for this position must provide a social security card to Human Resources during the hiring process. The successful candidate will be
required to provide an official transcript to Human Resources during the hiring process.
This position provides academic advising services to Northeastern State University students.
- Provides students with registration and academic program information; communicates
general policy information and available services to declared students.
- Assists students with course registration and other
- Ensures that students are familiar with the university catalog and other relevant advisement information and
- Assists with the maintenance of Plans of Study and Course Sequence materials.
- Reviews and updates student
information in the BANNER system as appropriate.
- Assists with the transfer credit evaluation process.
- Serves as liaison to instructional departments; facilitates student referrals to appropriate faculty advisor.
- Monitors student
academic progression to ensure student retention standards are met.
- Attends and assists with regular departmental and University
Advising Center training sessions and other professional development activities.
- Coordinates intrusive advising appointments
- Serves on the University Advising Committee.
- Represents the College at assigned recruitment events and
- Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of admission to the university and its academic programs, registration and degree program requirements.
- Knowledge of
academic standards governing the student population.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention principles.
of computers and job-related software programs, including the BANNER system.
- Skill in decision making and problem
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Demonstrates the ability to meet professional
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- The work consists of varied academic advising duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of
- The purpose of this position is to provide academic advising to undergraduate university students. Success in this
position contributes to the success of university students.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a
baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to an occupational field represented by a discipline within the College.
- One year
professional experience in a similar position or one year advising apprenticeship/internship at the college level.
- Possession of or
ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Oklahoma for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Annual salary $35,568.00 with excellent benefits including generous leave time.
Projected hire date May 3, 2021
Application preference date April 12, 2021
Applications accepted until April 19, 2021
The posting will close to applications at 11:59 p.m. on the date shown above. Once an application has been submitted, it cannot be changed.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.