The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives
To coordinate the internship and scholarship programs for the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, and assist with the college Academic & Student Programs duties and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, build, and coordinate partnerships and internships between college departments and employers, locally, regionally, and nation-wide.
- Consult with employers regarding marketing strategies to connect students to opportunities.
- Maintain existing internships and develop opportunities to address the needs of all departments.
- Fulfill the role of the point person for concerns from students, faculty, and employers.
- Coordinate employer visits to campus; manage the employer toolkit. Update and maintain the college internship website.
- Provide career and academic information to students inquiring about internships, cooperative education, or other career related employment opportunities.
- Assist students in the registration of an internship while consulting with the home department and advisor of the student.
- Represent college on career services groups and committees.
- Independently provide administrative leadership and coordination of the Brand of Excellence scholarship program in its entirety.
- Update scholarship website.
- Complete training in WyoScholarships and maintain knowledge of functionality. Coordinate scholarship committee and oversee the selection process ensuring appropriate selections are made, meeting all donor requirements.
- Independently select and re-award scholarships throughout the year.
- Communicate routinely with Student Financial Aid.
- Correlate scholarships with university and college goals and philosophies.
- Assist the Academic & Student Programs team with activities necessary for highly functional office performance.
- Perform advanced research.
- Integrate statistical data and prepare related reports.
- Set up and maintain complex database files.
- Represent College on standing and ad hoc university committees as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the unit.
- Keep up to date on University and College policies and regulations pertaining to degree requirements.
- Assist with special projects, as directed.
- Serve on committees, as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attention to Detail
- Service Orientation
- Analysis/Problem Identification
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 1 year of work related experience
Required licensure, certification, registration, or other requirement:
- Written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Self-motivation, proven ability to meet deadlines
- Computer/software skills
- Experience with digital communication platforms
- Values a team environment
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
Pursuant to Wyoming State law, W.S. 19-14-102, as amended, an honorably discharged veteran who has been a resident of the state of Wyoming for one (1) year or more at any time prior to the date when the veteran applies for employment, or any surviving spouse who was married to such veteran at the time of the veteran’s death, who is receiving federal survivor benefits based on the veteran’s military service and is applying for employment, shall receive an interview preference during the applicant screening process with the University of Wyoming. At the time of application the applicant must possess the business capacity, competency, education or other qualifications required for the position. If disabilities do not materially interfere with performance of job duties, disabled veterans will be given preference over able-bodied veterans. Appropriate documentation of veteran status must be provided at time of application as outlined in the application process. No preference will be given to a veteran currently employed by a public department.
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.